19½ questions for Irish comedian Ian Coppinger
Meet the man who claims he keeps a dolphin in his bath…EDGAR staff October 31, 2014
1. How do you describe yourself?
A tall, handsome devil of a man.
2. How do others describe you?
A small liar.
3. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Getting away with it.
4. What is your biggest regret?
Starting ‘it’ in the first place.
5. What do you consider your best attribute?
My ability to make everyone feel at ease.
6. What is your least favourite attribute?
Making everyone kneel before me upon meeting me.
Try everything once... and then try it again.
7. What virtue do you value most in people?
Their ability to pay and laugh at me.
8. What is something people don’t know about you?
People know things about me? Now I’m feeling paranoid.
9. What inspires you? A beautiful sunrise (sadly I’m from Ireland so I’m very uninspired).
10. What is your most prized possession? My dolphin. How he remains so happy in that bath I’ll never fully understand.
11. Do you have a personal motto?
Get a bigger bath.
12. What advice would you give to yourself as 16 year old?
Try everything once and then try it again.
13. What would you have for your last supper?
Twelve friends and a portrait artist around for dinner.
Every modern-day man should possess a history book.
14. What film are you embarrassed that you have never seen?
Police Academy 6 – number 7 just didn’t make any sense.
15. What is your biggest luxury?
My whale. Just waiting for that bigger bath.
16. What is something a modern-day man should possess?
A history book.
17. How important is it to take risks?
Probably best not if you are a surgeon.
18. Who is your real life hero?
19. What makes you laugh?
19½. Finish this sentence: Comedy is...
Therefore I am.
We spoke to Ian Coppinger ahead of his performances at The Laughter Factory in Dubai last month. For more visit thelaughterfactory.com