Ultimate luxury: The world's #1 hotel suite
The stunning Katara Suite at the Excelsior Hotel Gallia Milan has been named the best in the world, beating competition from the UAE.Peter Iantorno January 5, 2016
There is no greater luxury in life than staying the night in an unnecessarily large and opulent hotel suite – trust us, we tried it.
For most people a stay in any five-star suite would be more than enough of a treat, however, for those who crave the ultimate extravagance, only the very best will do.
Let us introduce you to the Katara Suite at the Excelsior Hotel Gallia Milan: officially the best hotel suite in the world.
Beating off competition from some of the world’s most exclusive hotels, including Dubai’s Atlantis The Palm and Burj Al Arab and Abu Dhabi’s Emirates Palace, the Excelsior’s Katara Suite was named World’s Leading Hotel Suite at the World Travel Awards at the end of 2015.
What makes this place so special? Well, the fact that it measures a massive 1,000sqm and has four bedrooms certainly helps, but this suite is about far more than just size and space alone.
First of all, the suite offers its own private entrance to the hotel, so every time you arrive you can be sure that there’ll be no wait for the lift and you won’t be hassled by the riff-raff staying in hotel’s less-exclusive accommodations.
Perhaps most impressively, the suite comes with two dedicated terraces, one of which measures an expansive 250sqm and is perfect for al fresco dining, and the other a secluded solarium sheltered by lush greenery.
There’s a private Pagoda spa with Jacuzzi and steam shower with chromo-lighting, where you can relax while a personal butler whips up something to eat in the private kitchenette, furnished with Limoges porcelain and French crystal.
The suite also includes a private meeting room and, interestingly, alongside all the usual luxury room specs such as free Wi-Fi, espresso machine and home theatre system, boasts bulletproof windows – the ideal accommodation for a rich mafia don, then.
The daily rate for the Katara Suite starts from around AED 80,000 a night. Pocket change for any self-respecting mob boss.
Best of the rest: The other nominees
- Dubai Presidential Suite @ Atlantis The Palm, Dubai, UAE
- Fernando Botero Presidential Suite @ Sofitel Legend Santa Clara, Colombia
- Maharajah's Pavilion @ The Raj Palace, India
- Nelson Mandela Platinum Suite @ Saxon Hotel, Villas and Spa, South Africa
- Palace Suite @ Emirates Palace, Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Palladio Suite @ Belmond Hotel Cipriani, Italy
- Paris Presidential Suite @ Four Seasons, George V, France
- Penthouse Suite @ Belmond Copacabana Palace, Brazil
- Presidential Suite @ Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, UAE
- Presidential Suite @ Four Seasons Resort Marrakech
- Presidential Suite @ Hôtel Fouquet's Barrière Paris, France
- Presidential Suite @ The Beverly Hills Hotel, California, USA
- Rock Star Suite @ Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
- Royal Island Suite @ JA Manafaru, Maldives
- Royal Penthouse Suite @ Hotel President Wilson, Switzerland
- Sky Pool Suite @ Sandals LaSource Grenada Resort & Spa, Grenada
- The Grand Penthouse Suite @ Garza Blanca Preserve Resort & Spa, Mexico
- The Ritz-Carlton Suite @ The Ritz-Carlton, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
- The Royal Plaza Suite @ The Plaza, New York, USA
Details: visit excelsiorhotelgallia.com